Saturday, September 12, 2015

The birth

Monday- Ron and I had a great day. We slept in, went to Apple Hill, saw Jurassic World and then finished the baby's room. We went to bed at around midnight and at 1:00am my water broke! I called Kaiser and they had me come in. Checked in at 2:00am and by 3:00am I was delivered and on antibiotics for group B strep. By 10:00 am my contractions were getting stronger and more consistent but I was able to breathe through them. Around 3:00 I noticed they were picking up and so I went for a walk around the hospital. By 8:00pm I was in a lot of pain and so I took a dose of Fentanyl. It helped some but by 9:00 I needed another round of the medicine! At 9:30 I simply couldn't take the pain anymore and requested an epidural. At 9:45 the anestisiologist arrived- thank goodness! 

For some reason, the epidural kicked everything into high gear, because I tried to go to sleep but as the nurse was attempting to track my contractions I knew something was off. I told the nurse and for some reason she didn't think I was near ready but in my mind I started to panic a bit. I knew this was it. I frantically told her I was in a lot of pain and felt like I needed to push. All of a sudden her demeanor changed and she checked me. Immediately she started calling for anyone who could assist us. At 10:30 I started pushing. It was everything people tell you. It hurt. But I had no choice but to get through it. Ron was in the room but barely had enough time to call my best friend who arrived two pushes before he came out! 

I never made it past 37 weeks 5 days pregnant because...

Jameson William Pierce entered this world on September 8th, 2015 at 10:50pm. He weighed 6 pounds 15 ounces and was 21 and a quarter inches long. It was love at first sight. I'm proud of myself, proud of him and proud of my husband. I'm on cloud 9 right now and couldn't be happier. I now believe in miracles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment